domenica 5 luglio 2009

Hot, hot Merano - escape in the fresh Pfossental

2day it was just so hot in Merano, that I didn't even want to go to the pool...! Who knows me, also knows that's pretty uncommon ;) I wanted to escape somewhere I could breathe fresh, healthy air. Called up some friends and went to the Pfossental, a small valley reachable from the Schnalstal. It took us 50 min. by car from Merano. In the car we already felt the temperature changing :) How good! We parked the car and started hiking up from alp cottage to alp cottage, along the way we saw many goats and cows on the steep slopes. As usual the cows enjoyed their time without bothering about our discrete passage.
Just a moment before it started raining we could make halt at the Rableidalm. There we could enjoy some nice speck and alp cheese with homemade paarl bread. A fresh ender juice accompanied the biggest cheese omelette I've seen in my life! I couldn't finish it off, even though it was absolutely delicious! On the way back we saw some ibexes far up on the mountain and we went to the Gasthof Jägerrast to have some beautiful strudel and rolade... Yummy!!!
Guess what? In the meantime Merano got a bit fresher and I didn't have any dinner :)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento